Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How come we moved to MyBB?
MyBB is good but what about the xenforo used before? Also i see the message this theme is temporary so i guess you guys must we working on a theme, can i get a sneak peak? can i?
@"cloud" wanted to move due to xenforo using to much resources. As for the theme, don't expect to much. It'll probably just end up being the default mybb theme with some color changes as cloud wants to do the theme. I'll be working on one while cloud does what he wants with the current theme

Preview - What i have so far. It's an edit of another theme
(11-24-2017, 04:24 AM)DownHok Wrote: MyBB is good but what about the xenforo used before? Also i see the message this theme is temporary so i guess you guys must we working on a theme, can i get a sneak peak? can i?

Mate we wanted stability and strong open source community that we never had with Xenforo. As bad as mybb's codebase is it's still way ahead and provides better support
(11-24-2017, 03:44 PM)Dev Wrote: @"cloud" wanted to move due to xenforo using to much resources. As for the theme, don't expect to much. It'll probably just end up being the default mybb theme with some color changes as cloud wants to do the theme. I'll be working on one while cloud does what he wants with the current theme

if you have time go for it. it's just good to stick to solid defaults(you probably realized this too). plugins and all additional things add up and require a lot of maintenance time as u know
(11-25-2017, 04:16 PM)cloud Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 03:44 PM)Dev Wrote: @"cloud" wanted to move due to xenforo using to much resources. As for the theme, don't expect to much. It'll probably just end up being the default mybb theme with some color changes as cloud wants to do the theme. I'll be working on one while cloud does what he wants with the current theme

if you have time go for it. it's just good to stick to solid defaults(you probably realized this too). plugins and all additional things add up and require a lot of maintenance time as u know

There's no maintenance involve if nothing starts to break Smile
I got lazy. New theme is now live. I'll be adding onto/fixing stuff later.
(11-25-2017, 04:25 PM)Dev Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 04:16 PM)cloud Wrote:

There's no maintenance involve if nothing starts to break Smile

trust me they will break more often than not
Working smart is not enough, success is a combination of hard AND smart work Big Grin